The 10BedICU project was started in Mar 2021 in the wake of the Covid-19 delta wave spike in India, in order to create critical care ICU infrastructure in rural and smaller government hospitals. To cut a long story short, today we have created over 200 10BedICUs in government hospitals in 8 states of the country. This is a PPP private-public-partnership, where the 10BedICU group finances the capital expenditure of the project by providing the ICU medical equipment, CARE software system, the TeleICU technology infrastructure, clinical and systems training and community participation support.
The State government signs an MoU with 10BedICU and provides the hospital space and site readiness for ICU installation, the doctors and nursing medical staff, medical supplies, utilities (electricity, water, internet etc). The operating expenditure is bourne by the state.
The project consists of 5 components:
- Providing and installing state-of-the-art ICU medical equipment at taluka level govt. hospitals.
- Deploying award-winning CARE software for delivering improved healthcare outcomes.
- Deployment of the TeleICU system in a hub-n-spoke model, with TeleICU Hubs in government medical colleges connecting specialists to remote 10BedICU hospitals.
- Basic and advanced critical care training and standardizing ICU protocols.
- Community participation to maximize the impact and sustainability of the project.
If your state would like to participate in the 10BedICU program, please write to Bisoya Loitongbam our national program coordinator at email@example.com